Re: [IPk] Lyumjev insulin

I've used it and so have many others across Europe. What I've found is
detailed at https://www.diabettech.com/Lyumjev

If that's tldr, then I'd sum it up as the first week was awful and it
didn't work at all well and hurt like hell, with me waking up when I rolled
on to the infusion site in the night due to the pain.  I switched to mixing
it 50:50 with Fiasp, which worked well and removed pain while retaining
relatively fast speed.

Others have seen a range of issues from nothing to similar pain. A number
have stopped because of the pain.

Move forward 2.5 months and I was able to switch back and now I'm on 100%
Lyumjev with no pain.  It works really quickly and I've had great TIR of
90% for the last month (bear in mind I'm using an open source closed loop).

The key additive that makes it faster is Treprostinil and it's normally
used subcutaneously for Pulmonary Hypertension. The papers I've found on
that say that it usually causes site pain for a couple of months when used
in that fashion which eventually subsides, so its no surprise that a lot of
people have reported site pain.

Tim Street

+44 (0) 7740 051460