[IPk] Pump Choices

 Wow Ian, thanks for all of this info. Yes I know, what a choice I've been
given!

  -----Original Message-----
 From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted> On Behalf Of I
Jenkins
Sent: 11 November 2020 12:25
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Pump Choices

Hi Clare,

Wow, unprecedented choice, good to see!
 Need to know what's important to you - do you want integration with CGM (now or
future)? is a primary one.
 What do you have now - would you be more comfortable with just the latest
version of what you have?
 Would you prefer one with a remote you can bolus from? (I know you ladies like
to not have to fish it out of a dress to operate!) :-) How important is cannula
choice?

 Generally, a few things I've picked up from readings, opinion mostly since I've
had MM515 > animas vibe >T:slim, although I did do some research when they were
developing the ypsopump around whether to use a reservoir or prefilled carts.

1 - quite small and felt basic, touch screen.
2 - known for problems with it and it's handset (may have been sorted now
though)
 3 - Seen at event stands and generally seems Chinese 'budget' option, tubeless
patch pump
 4 - Very long in the tooth but bulletproof, can be used for integration/loop
via DIY route
 5 - pass, no info but omnipod is self contained so no on pump control once
applied and cannot be removed/resited, also no choice of cannula, if it doesn't
suit you're stuck, and if you forget/loose PDM controller you can't control
pump.
 6 - T:slim is what I have now, great pump and integrates with Dexcom G6, has
had 2 firmware updates, first to enable basal IQ which can lower/suspend to
prevent hypos, and then to control IQ which can also adjust basal and bolus to
prevent hypers. Future proofed to an extent as you can update without having to
change pump. Has a unique cartridge with insulin bag in and is only officially
approved for humalog and novoslow (although as usual I'm using fiasp and apidra
in it with no problems!)
 7/10 - Quite small Korean pumps, notably they work with the open source
community and don't keep everything proprietary like the others, so can have
apps etc. community developed, able to control pump from phone and use AAPS etc.
to loop. Takes an unusual 3.6v lithium battery.
 8 - Patch pumps (set of 2 one to wash and one to wear!) with own handset,
smaller 200u carts, same comments as for omnipod.
 9 - Standard MM, earlier model to 670G, some have had lots of problems, some
seem to do well, large!, can link to MM sensors for low suspend don't see a
reson to choose over 670G which superceded it.
 11 - Latest model, has low/high suspend/adjust when used with MM CGM, same
large frame.

Some comparisons covering most of these:

https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2f%2f%2fwww.sps.nhs.uk%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2018%2f05%2fInsulin-pump-table-May-2018.pdf&c=E,1,8U31uWhzwcoK8yu4ZSEeIbir7o3OHtIGdvGR3FsglR-4UwaLJzc21rWKnZwhNbR--olo8YRmD4LbdWJBgZsRDeKxWaXIrES7nnb1hatcgi2b&typo=1

https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2f%2f%2fintegrateddiabetes.com%2fupdated-insulin-pump-comparisons-and-reviews%2f&c=E,1,m6RQvnguy2xeAE1r39CR_g2jdLwLxmD-mzvo6VJPDoMUYhRQOLnb97i6dbqn4CHHvkjBYs9HjDXzQLirkN9KWkXRzYn08F8UHqbVTaoxCFeOs1fq2zyb8WbXhQ,,&typo=1

Good luck!

 On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 at 10:53, Hayward, Clare (SUT) Staff <
email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hello everyone
> I hope you've all been keeping well both physically and mentally
> during these crazy times.
> I am due for a pump renewal in Jan 2021 and my hospital have a choice
> of 11 (which I think is unbelievable and wonderful) and I wonder if
> any of you have any words of wisdom or comments on any of them. At
> this moment, I am only provided with the list and it is up to me to do
> my own research, which is obviously absolutely fair enough, but any
> reviews or experiences of you lot who may use some of these is always
> helpful, so thanks in advance for any responses.
>

> 1.       Mylife ypsopump (Ypsomed)
>
> 2.       Accucheck insight (Roche)
>
> 3.       A6 Touch care (Medtrum)
>
> 4.       Accucheck combo (Roche)
>
> 5.       Omnipod DASH (Insulet)
>
> 6.       Tandem T-Slim (Air liquid)
>
> 7.       Dana R (Advanced Therapeutics)
>
> 8.       Kaleido Pump (ViCentra)
>
> 9.       Minimed 640G (Medtronic)
>
> 10.   Dana RS (Advanced Therapeutics)
>
> 11.   MiniMed 670G (Medtronic)
>

> Clare, Type 1 40 years this Sept 20. Pumping 8 years. Still learning!
 Donate with every purchase http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity =
Insulin Pumpers)
________________________________

Important Notice

 This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
addressee.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure copying or distribution
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.You should notify the sender immediately
and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely
those of the author and may not represent those of the Company or School.
No liability is accepted by The Girls' Day School Trust for any loss or damage
incurred through use of this e-mail.

The Girls' Day School Trust. A limited company Registered in England No. 6400
 Registered Charity No. 306983. Registered Office: 10 Bressenden Place, London
SW1E 5DH