Re: [IPk] ip-uk-digest V5 #1326

Hi John,

You can use 0% temp basal - as you say, and as I have also learnt by
unfortunate trial and error, temp basal is much safer than suspend.

My excellent endo has also pointed out to me that as one gets only (I'm 71)
low BG is something to be wary of more than high - I hate high's even
though thankfully I don't suffer breathlessness. I do worry about what will
be as I get older - my husband is enormously caring but far less involved
than you are - to be fair this may be in part because I've preferred to be
independent.

You write about 'getting time factors right' - my approach to diabetes is
that I am so obviously affected by most if not all the 42 factors that BG
control cannot be an exact science for me (and this fascinates me - as a
Medical Physicist, I've been working at the interface between the exact
science of physics and the variability of human biology most of my working
life) - so I do not think in terms of getting factors right - absorption of
the same foods may be different at different times, writing emails or
talking on the phone can send BG sliding or even shooting up or down, right
is what works for me today at this hour, not some absolute 'correct'
factor. The pump and  Libre are lifesavers. And thankfully my consultant
understands all this and is not judgemental though he does come up with
helpful suggestions.

Best of luck
Nanette