We have been very lucky, as Sam's school have been excellent in
accommodating Sam.  After some initial uncertainty when he got his pump (at
the start of the new school year when things at school were very hectic) we
cannot fault them.

The school has a welfare office, staffed by a welfare assistant who takes
care of all medical needs (e.g. playground accidents), including special
needs.  He goes to the office for a BG test at morning break and before
lunch.  We have given them a guide chart telling them what to do within
certain ranges and to telephone if anything out of the ordinary happens.
They record the results in a notebook for us to get an update each Friday.

For swimming, he takes the pump off and a teacher takes responsibility for
looking after it.  At the moment he doesn't do any other "contact" sports
and keeps it on for PE.

I know from previous stories that I've heard, that not everyone has been so

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Father of Sam, aged 9, dx 7+ years
Pumping 2+ years (Paradigm 6 months)