Re: [IPk] Re: fasting to fix basal rates etc - weirder still

Hi Nanette,

With absolutely no change in breakfast (still the utterly bad-for-you-
don't-let-the-dietician-hear-this slice of toast with peanut butter and
1.5 l of coffee), I too have had plummeting basal needs through the
morning over the last month.

I decided it was too pronounced (and interfering with life) to bother to
do a fasting basal check, and just reduced the basal.  It really needs
to come down some more (oh, how I wish I had a pump where I could simply
turn down the basal rate!)

I am also worried by John's use of 'chaotic lifestyle' - I know this
comes from the medical side, but it suggests that if someone only did a
basic time management course, their bgs would improve.  Our lives are
_not_ chaotic (or at least, mine isn't), it's simply stuffed full of
planned activities which are of irregular duration, frequency and impact
on bg). The so-called 'chaotic lifestyle' also includes periods of
spontaneity, but we plan those ....

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, eats more healthily later in the day, honest I do.
Well tartiflette and baked beans has a vegetable in it, doesn't it?)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)