[IPk] Re: Toes

your toe has sympathy from my big toe. Three weeks ago it was still
warm here, and as I was walking up some rough stone steps wearing
open-toed sandals, I slipped and fell, crashing my big toe against the
steps. I was hurrying somewhere, and stupidly thought that if I ignored
the injury, it would go away. The toenail is now black, with a little
hole in the middle that the dr burnt in order to allow blood and gunge
to emerge and reduce pressure. It was a shock, and excruciatingly
painful initially, and I should have gone to the dr much sooner than I
did. He said I should come back when the nail starts to fall off. Your
toe sounds as if it may have a burn as well as a severe bruise (those
Le Creuset lids are heavy!). Take good care of it.
Feel better.