Re: [IPk] Xmas meeting for London pumpers

Hi All,

I might just make this.  I am supposed to be interviewing for a new
Museum Development Officer in East Sussex that day, and going by train,
via London is a distinct possibility.  Whether I can make 6pm depends on
where interviews are being held, and how many candidates there are.  The
gloomy and despondent half of me says that with a part-time job on a
sort contract, we will be lucky to attract one qualifying candidate, let
alone a _field_.  Which will mean that it will all be over by lunch

I will doubtless look haggard and exhausted, smart-but-crumpled but
that's contextual!

Best wishes to all

(dm 30+, 508 2+, cannot be influenced by candidates wearing pumps
prominently at the interview)

In message <email @ redacted>, Ian Grant
<email @ redacted> writes
>Dear all,
>Xmas meeting of London & all other Pumpers (and potential pumpers) will take
>place on Thursday 18th Dec 6.00pm at:
>27 Spring Street
>London W2 1JA (find it on Multimap)
>My mobile is 07770 988046
>This wine bar does nibbles, snacks, meals, Bishops Finger real ale and has a
>wine list to die for (Davy's Celebration Champagne is low fat, low carb &
>delicious) so no excuses for anyone within 100 miles of Paddington Station
>(and that includes dancers from Sheffield who could do a floor show). I
>think they do soft & diet drinks but I have never asked.
>Please wear your pump prominently - or look for healthy happy looking
>people. My picture is on members list so you can always use that as a guide
>(my aging looks are due to smoking & drinking rather than 20+ years
>pumping). However wine bar does have no smoking area for those who wish to
>secretly indulge in Davys famous Treacle Tart & Clotted Cream pud.
>For the wary - St Mary's Hospital, Paddington is just round the corner & I
>understand that their Diabetic unit is very understanding of Type !s who
>want to enjoy the finer things in life.
>Look forward to seeing as many people as possible on 18th.
>Ian Grant
>Hotmail messages direct to your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/msnmobile
>contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)