Re: [IPk] Re: Pump Holiday, and an idea

err, what exactly do you mean by a buildup of insulin?
I don't understand why that would happen.
The point about basal insulin is that it's supposed to cover your basal needs
while you're not eating, so in theory this insulin shouldn't be building up,
it should be being used!
Clearly, something is going on when you don't eat though (or when I don't eat
anyway).
I end up with too much insulin in my body, either because my body becomes more
insulin-sensitive when I don't eat, or because my basal needs drop (is that
the same thing? I guess it is....)
I don't think it's that the insulin sits around in my body and has a longer
action time than normal (is that what you meant about insulin building up?)
Di