[IPk] Toes

Struth! Got a casserole out of the freezer yesterday afternoon, in one of
those bright orange Le Creuset dishes. Whacked it in the oven. Hour later
checked to see how it was getting on: it was thawing, but the dish was
still rather cold. So I put it on the hob. Despite being in the oven for an
hour, the dish was cool enough to pick up by hand. Then I went to put the
cast iron lid on it. Picked it up by hand. IT WAS HOT. Silly me. The frozen
casserol keeps the dish cold, but the lid picks up the oven heat to its
full temperature. In shock and surprise, I dropped the lid. Which landed
end on on the big toe of my bare foot. Owww!!! I hopped round the house
screaming blue murder, accompanied by my 8-month old baby screeming in
sympathy, and my 3-and-a-half year old wanting to know if I needed to go to
the doctor. Perhaps I do.

Of course, as a good diabetic, I shouldn't have been walking around in bare
feet. Serves me right. Guess that makes me a bad diabetic.

mailto:email @ redacted