RE: Protein and Fats WAS RE: [IPk] meeting NICE guidelines

Hu Rae

 Small amounts don't have so much effect on BG, but larger amounts might. Some
people get spikes five or
 more hours later if they eat a lot of protein. Some people do count them and
some don't need to. If
 someone ate a large rump steak they might well see a blood sugars rise much

Here's a brief explanation