RE: [IPk] carb counting, fats and proteins etc

Did you go to this link and is that any help?
Thanks Jackie, that is really useful and explains why I still need to take
several units of insulin even when the meal is v. low CHO.  I can see how
bolusing for all this would be so much easier with a pump.  It seems to
suggest that unless a meal is pure CHO (bowl of plain pasta anyone?) you
need to account for later bg spikes as the protein and fat metabolise.  I
wish my dietician had explained this to me before as it would have saved a
lot of frustration and confusion!  Does diabetes affect IQ in any way?
Because that is what the professionals seem to believe!!

All the information contained in this email and any attachments is
confidential to Traidcraft and the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use or disclose this e-mail in any way.
Please destroy the message and any attachments and notify the author by
replying to this e-mail. The comments, opinions and conclusions contained in
this message are solely those of the author. They are not endorsed,
implicitly or explicitly, by Traidcraft unless indicated by an authorised
representative, independently of this message. Thank you for your