Re: [IPk] meeting NICE guidelines

Hi Rae,

Someone posted here recently the conversion rates, which were most
useful.  I've looked but can't find them - if they could repost them, I
won't delete them again!!!

>From memory, it is something like:
Protein, 30-40% over 4 - 6 hours
Fat, 20% over 6-8 hours.

So if you eat a 500k meal, with 62g CHO, 38g protein and 11g fat, you
end up with 62g CHO coming in over 2-4 hours, then another 10g or so
over the next couple of hours, and 1 or 2 g over the final few hours.

If you eat a 500k meal with only 20g CHO, 51g protein and 23g fat, you
get 20g CHO coming in over 2-4 hours, the same again over the next
couple of hours, and a (perhaps significant) 2 or 3 g over the next few
hours.

I hope I wasn't too way out with conversion rates and times, and haven't
screwn up on the maths - but you get the picture: low carhboydrate means
a lower, flatter curve, but with significantly more charbohydrate coming
in around the time you would be testing for the next meal.

Best wishes,

Pat
(dm 30+, 508 2+ - oh, and then there's the weird stuff.  Mussels and
beans send my bgs far higher than their nutritional content says they
should)

In message <email @ redacted>, Rae
<email @ redacted> writes

--