Protein and Fats WAS RE: [IPk] meeting NICE guidelines

Hi Rae

 I was taught that fats and proteins were converted to glucose but took longer
than complex carbs. I
think its called  gluconeogenesis.

here are some links

http://insulin-pumpers.org/howto/pfandbs-2.html

Fat metabolism
http://insulin-pumpers.org/howto/pfandbs-4.html

 For a complete, if fairly impenetrable explanation of fats and gluconeogenesis,
see this Indiana State
University Article on Gluconeogenesis

http://web.indstate.edu/thcme/mwking/gluconeogenesis.html

Jackie