[IPk] Re: Islet Cell transplants

Hi Rae
Weclome to the list. It has helped me no end!
I have been type 1 for 29 yrs and have also been poorly controlled (through
no fault of my own) for the past five years or so.
I have just started on the pump...having a few glitches, but hoping they will
iron out soon.
I was interested to see in your mail that you mentioned and islet cell
 transplant. I didn't know they did these! How did you find out about this and
 you tell me what the criteria are for qualifying for one? Plus, is it available
on the NHS? I'm just curious to know as i would like to find out more.
Thanks a lot.