Re: [IPk] meeting NICE guidelines

In message <email @ redacted>
, Louise Kempton <email @ redacted> writes
>My biggest struggle since being dxd has been to get a decent fasting BG.
>Post meal tends to be fine (so long as I eat low carb) but can't seem to get
>pre-meal down to the 4-6 level.

That is possibly because you are eating low-carb.  The calories you
aren't eating as carb you are eating as fat and protein, probably
protein more than fat, right?  Some of that fat and protein converts to
carb, over a number of hours.  Try not eating at all, and limiting your
carb, but also limiting total calories, so that you are having 50%
calories from carb, and see if you can get your pre-meals right down.
(I just re-read that, and realise you could think I meant 'stop
eating!!!!' - what I mean is try it as you would when establishing
basals on a pump.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)