[IPk] Funding: Can you help?

Hi all,

I need to ask for some help again. After even more delays, I have now been
told that ongoing supply of consumables should start very soon. Melissa, I
hope Oxford doesn't do things the Harrow way! After the PCT agreed to supply
consumables, they then delegated the responsibility to our hospital. Once an
individual had been identified to take responsibility, they then had to go
through various levels of authorisation. After finally chasing up approval
from the hospital finance director, everything then had to be set up for the
hospital pharmacy department to deal with the administration. This last step
caused the final delay (it's almost 7 months since my first letter).

The PCT now want me to write a new letter to ask for backdated reimbursement
of the consumables we have already paid for, going back to the start of the
NICE guidelines. This is another new area for them and they would like a
list of other PCTs who have reimbursed previously incurred expenditure.
Could anyone who has achieved this, please let me know the name of their PCT
and (off list if necessary) any point of contact in their PCT.

All help would be gratefully appreciated.

Finally, to the recent queries about HBA1c pre/post pump. Sam went from
results in the 7s before to the low 6s over the last couple of years. He got
his pump before NICE and before Lantus was available.

Best wishes.

Father of Sam, aged 9, dx 7+ years
Pumping 2+ years (Paradigm since May)

PS: Apologies if more than one copy of this comes through.  I've had trouble
posting messages today.