Re: [IPk] meeting NICE guidelines

Hi Rhoda
Thanks for the advice.  I have to admit that I am completely anal about BG
monitoring (8-10 times per day) and recording the results.  I've set up a
spreadsheet which does nice coloured cells depending on whether I am high,
low or in range.  Also shows overall results in a graph.  Have now adapted
it to also show pregnancy targets, so yesterday when the doc showed me the
hba1c I was able to tell her "great, but I am outside pregnancy target
ranges 70% of the time".  I think they hate me at the clinic!  The first
(and only) time I got fobbed off on a junior doc he told me to stop testing
so much as I was only upsetting myself (!!!!)  I told him I would be a lot
more upset to end up with renal failure, amputations, blindness etc. etc.
This is what I don't get - yesterday at the clinic I overheard several
conversations between medics about people who just won't take responsibility
for their diabetes, and there was certainly a tone of frustration in what
they were saying.  So why is it that when we roll up with all our
information and questions (and challenges!) they seem equally p****d off???
What would make these people happy??

All the information contained in this email and any attachments is
confidential to Traidcraft and the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use or disclose this e-mail in any way.
Please destroy the message and any attachments and notify the author by
replying to this e-mail. The comments, opinions and conclusions contained in
this message are solely those of the author. They are not endorsed,
implicitly or explicitly, by Traidcraft unless indicated by an authorised
representative, independently of this message. Thank you for your