From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Melissa Ford
Sent: 23 November 2003 06:26
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] RE pumps, planes & travel

Hi Barbara,

Just wondering: did you offer an explanation unbidden, or were you asked
straight-out, 'What's this for?' before you explained the sharps box? Since
October of 2001 the US airport security people have always seemed very
uninterested in anything except my laptop computer and my shoes unless the
security screening thing has gone 'beep'. Then they have asked me to empty
my pockets. Then the hooks on my bra (twice the underwires, even!) have made
the wand go 'beep'. Then they have noticed my pump. Never had them make a
fuss over sharps as such unless I brought up on my own that I had some. If
you were asked, 'What's this for?' I'll be glad to know to expect more
questions the next time I go back to the US!

Melissa

---