From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Ingrid Morrow
Sent: 23 November 2003 01:20
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Re: Pump Holiday

Hi Julian,

I went to Greece for a week's holiday, and found it best when I was at the
beach to disconnect from my pump for up to an hour, and then bolus the basal
I had missed.  I kept the pump in a bag beside me.  At one stage I was
worried about my insulin cooking but you can buy frio packs to help stop
this.

As regards injecting / pressing buttons on a plane, I agree with what the
others have said.  I am nervous going through security with my d-supplies,
but I just wear my pump on the outside (so they know I am not hiding
anything) and when they question it I just tell them what it is and that it
is for my diabetes.  No problems....

Good luck with whatver you decide to do,

Ingrid

---