Re: [IPk] Re: Pump Holiday

Dear Julian,

Re the airport thing: I should think that most of the people flying between
the UK and Cyprus will be English-speaking holiday-makers or business
people, and depending upon the airline you're flying, nearly all the
in-flight staff should be fluent in English (and will likely have seen a
pump before). I'll send you my 'flight instructions' e-mail off-list...if
anyone else wants it, please be vociferous and I'll post it to the list
again (I think it's made 3 appearances since first drafted several months

According to the experiences of some current and former MDIers and many
pumpers on this list, you're likely to get a much harder time over carrying
syringes than for having a pump attached. If someone saw you give an
injection with a pen you might get a funnier look than you would for giving
a bolus. Lots of people I've sat next to on planes have never noticed when
I've bolused.

Type 1 10+ years; MiniMed pumper 7+ years
Oxford area contact, INPUT