Re: [IPk] Which infusion set?

Hi Steve,
 Personally i didn't get on very well with the Silhouette and i haven't tried
the Sof-Set. I'm currently using the Quick-Set along with the Quick Serter to
get the canula into my skin. I find this set really comfortable and very easy to
insert with the Quick-Serter. Like the Silhouette when your unpluged from the
pump all that is left is the canula. If you have only been given the Sof-Set and
the Silhouette set the information i've given you probably isn't that helpful :/
Anyway best of luck to you.

Steve Hargreaves <email @ redacted> wrote:

Hi there,

OK - as part of my "training" I've decided to have the rest of the night
actually attached to the pump (it's OK - the pump isn't actually doing anything
- just sitting in my pocket) to get an idea of how it will feel.

Unfortunately, the hospital only sent me home with two Silhouette sets and one
Sof-set. So, which set do people find most comfortable and practical.

I can see a benefit with the Silhouette in that when the pump is detached, it
only leaves the canula behind, rather than some tubing, but the Sof-set seemed
to go in more easily and with less pain (inserted manually).

Unfortunately, now I've tested the Sof-set I won't get a chance to walk around
with it plugged in (I never thought to leave it there).

Any informed opinions on this would be helpful.

All the best

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!Messenger