Re: [IPk] Skiing with a pump

If you have a very small meter, you can measure your bg with it (the
strip and end) inside your mouth (this is from hill walking experience -
not skiing).

Michael means your trousers, not your knickers, of course (although I
regularly, do wear mine inside my knickers).

Expect the energy needed to skii and the altitude and excitement
combined will drop your basal needs way down - I find mountains
virtually turn me into a non-diabetic!

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

In message <email @ redacted>, Michael
<email @ redacted> writes
>> Hello everyone, well I am getting excited, as I will be going ski
>> ing in
>>  Feburary, and wondered how much it is going to affect me and my
>>  pump. Last year
>> my
>> blood glucose monitor froze ( I kid you not) and it lost all my
>> data. Does anyone out there ski with their pump and if you do is
>> there any important
>>  information I need to do, expect etc when I am whizzing the the
>>  mountains at
>> top
>> speed.  I shall look forward to hearing from all you ski gods out
>> there !!
>Lily snowboards with her pump.
>Keep the tubing tucked inside your pants, pump clipped somewhere
>convenient inside as well or in an inside pocket. Keep your meter in
>an inside pocket so it stays warm. Wear "very" loose fitting gloves
>or mittens so your circulation stays good in the fingers
>email @ redacted
>contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)