Re: [IPk] Re:breakthrough

In message <004301c3aec0$de03f120$email @ redacted>, Tony O'Sullivan
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi all, as the attachment was removed, I was advised to include the article in
>the body of a message. If you've covered the ground already, sorry to burden
>you, although reading the article was hard work and I am still not sure of the
>full extent of the implications for this research. It is something big though,
>and may pull the rug from under multi-billion dollars worth of islet cell
>transplant research over the next couple of years.
Thanks for posting this, Tony.

Reading the article is, indeed, hard work!  One point I'm not clear on:
why did they put the islets in, rather than insulin injections?  Would
it have made a difference?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, but perhaps not for her lifetime -7)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)