  From: Pat Reynolds
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 6:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [IPk] Which pump?

  In message <l03130304bbe251a5512a@[212.144.173.12]>, John Neale
  <email @ redacted> writes
  >Yes - the 508 has lots of fancy gadgets, but in
  >truth I had never used them. My 507 does it all thank you very much.

  And the trouble is, you won't know whether you would use the fancy stuff
  until you've experienced the pump!

  If there is a significant difference in price, could you buy the cheap
  one, and then trial the more kitted ones after a few months?  You might
  not feel comfortable doing that, if you were intending to buy a second
  hand one, rather than theirs if, at the end of the trial period you
  preferred the newer pump.

  Best wishes,

  Pat
  (dm 30+, 508 2+, who wishes she had done this years ago - it is,
  however, very difficult to pick up the courage to go to a private
  consultant / buy second hand / 'just do it', if the 'top man' in the
  country is telling you that the pump wouldn't suit you!)
  --
  Pat Reynolds
  email @ redacted