Re: [IPk] Honeymooning in Cyprus

Hi Julian,

I guess that you will find Cyprus 'just like August in England, only
more so' (or are you in another home country?).  So what happened to
your bgs last summer?

Holidays are always tricky - I _always_ go hypo at some point: I just
cant take little enough insulin when I'm excited.  I had such fun at the
British Library map room last week - the delight of looking at admiralty
charts of the Netherlands Antilles had me running at 3.9 on a flat line,
despite eating lunch, stopping the pump, etc. etc.  Who needs insulin,
when there's adrenaline around?

Insurance: I have annual cover from Liverpool Victoria - I pay the same
premium as my non-diabetic husband.  I am covered for 'unplanned'
medical expenses (e.g. theft of insulin, hypoglycaemia needing
ambulance), but not for 'planned' ones (e.g. treatment of a complication
which could wait until I got home).

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>Hi All
 > In June 04 we will be off on our honeymoon to Cyprus. I've never been to a
>country before and will be full of wedding fayre too. Does anyone have any
>suggestions about basals etc? Do they need to be decreased/increased. I
 >sometimes get a lot of related problems when my diabetes goes out on a limb
>I am anxious to avoid this. Additionally, can anyone tell me about getting
>reasonable insurance to include diabetes etc?
>contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)