Re: [IPk] Which pump?

In message <l03130304bbe251a5512a@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>Yes - the 508 has lots of fancy gadgets, but in
>truth I had never used them. My 507 does it all thank you very much.

And the trouble is, you won't know whether you would use the fancy stuff
until you've experienced the pump!

If there is a significant difference in price, could you buy the cheap
one, and then trial the more kitted ones after a few months?  You might
not feel comfortable doing that, if you were intending to buy a second
hand one, rather than theirs if, at the end of the trial period you
preferred the newer pump.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, who wishes she had done this years ago - it is,
however, very difficult to pick up the courage to go to a private
consultant / buy second hand / 'just do it', if the 'top man' in the
country is telling you that the pump wouldn't suit you!)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)