Re: [IPk] Second hand pump - what to do??

Hi Louise,

I am seen at Kings in south London and most of the people I know from there
(who I met through a DAFNE course) are on Lantus, but they didn't see it as
an option for me.

The scan went really well, I am 12 and a half weeks along, and the baby at
this stage looks like it has all the right pieces in the right places!  I
got to hear its heartbeat, and the scanner had some fun trying to get it to
roll over from its tummy to its back (to check for an indication of
Downs...). It is 6.8cm long, and I go back in 4 weeks for another scan where
they can tell better if there is anything wrong.

I found out after about 4 weeks and till then my bgs were "normal", after
then my insulin needs seemed to go up for about a week, but now I am hypoing
all the time and am on less insulin than when I started.  Adjusting basal
needs is definitely easier on the pump, and I am expecting that after about
week 17 insulin needs will go up again.

While I was at the hospital yesterday I also got my HbA1c done and it has
gone down from 6 to 5.7, so I am pretty pleased at how things are going at
this stage (still early days yet I know!).

All the best Louise with your journey to and along mother-to-be-hood!