Re: [IPk] Which pump?

>I'm still on the great pump hunt.  Have an opportunity to purchase 2nd hand.
>Options are currently a minimed 508, 507C or disetronic H-tron+.  The 507
>and h-tron are a lot cheaper than the 508.  Is it worth paying the extra?
>I'd really like some advice from users.  I have 24 hours to make up my mind!

Hi Louise -

I've been using a 507 for nearly 6 years. It's much the same as a 507c. It
has been in for repairs twice (I think) but it was always hot-swapped with
a replacement. On the last occasion they had no replacement 507, so they
gave me a 508 while my 507 was repaired. They took a while to repair it,
but at the end of 4 months I had to option to upgrade permanently to the
508. (I'm British, but live in Germany, where all pumps and pump supplies
are covered by my health insurance). I pondered this carefully, and decided
to go back to the 507. Yes - the 508 has lots of fancy gadgets, but in
truth I had never used them. My 507 does it all thank you very much.

Many people are happy with the H-TRON+. Disetronic's D-TRON+ is their
latest model. I also trialled that for a month, but went back to my 507.

mailto:email @ redacted