[IPk] Clarification re my recent post

In light of John's post, Ian's message, and Tori's contribution, I should
clarify what I meant.

What I meant was not that there is never a good reason for something not to
be approved for use by pregnant women which is supposed to be fine for use
by individuals who are not pregnant women. Far from it, what I meant to
point out is that the United States Food and Drug Administration (not a
private or publicly traded company, but a division of the United States of
America's Department of Health and Human Services; see http://www.fda.gov)
*has not considered approving for use by pregnant women* certain insulin
preparations for lack of interest/time/money/lobbying/etc.

Type 1 10+ years; MiniMed pumper 7+ years; American 22.5 years; living in
England 2.5 years
Oxford area contact, INPUT