Re: [IPk] Humalog

I remember having a "day strength" and a "night strength" syringe ... my
day one was usually around 22u/s of 40IU per ml strength Actrapid in N/S to
a total of 2ml, night was about 14u/-

And yep I used a Mill Hill, and also a Graseby NS16A (which I still have),
but I vaguely recall using something else for a very very short time, a
pump which had a full metal casing and actually had a small hinged (and
L-shaped) cover to the syringe area....  I have no idea what it was, and I
know I only used it from about May 1978 to about September same year before
going on to a MillHill.

I'm pretty sure I moved from Monotard, Ultratard and a later mix of Lente
and Semi-lente or ultra-lente to Actrapid in May 1977 when I was first put
on MDI (I had a doctor way ahead of the times). Then again, it may well
have had a different name in the UK to here...?

And I am fully expecting England to win the WC, but to be quite honest, I
don't actually care that much :) My 15yo tells me it is sacrilege for me to
even suggest a possibility, but I like to think I'm a realist, even if she
is not :) There certainly won't be any whinging from this quarter.

I agree that diabetes comes second (within reason!). I am a person first, a
diabetic second - something my mother unfortunately never understood - and
I do what needs doing to stay well and active blah blah blah, but I don't