[IPk] Humalog

When I started pumping back in 1981 we had to dilute the Insulin as the pump
was not clever enough (old MillHill infuser) to give different boluses. It
took nearly a week to work out the right dilution rate to get best results.
We were still using the old U80 Insulin & for me I diluted 4 parts saline to
one part Insulin. Seemed to work OK & I'm still here to tell the story! I do
not remember Actrapid being around in 1978, certainly not in UK.
The moral is that at the end of the day, until we get loads of GPs like
Tony, we really have to take control ourselves. My personal view is to make
sure life comes first, diabetes second - very difficult without a pump.

Ian Grant
PS Assume there will be a week of wingeing, moaning and complaining in
Australia after England win the World Cup on Saturday - Cheers from