Re: [IPk] Re:Humalog

It's interesting...

I used (diluted) Actrapid (porcine, "mono-component" and human) in my early
days of pumping (1978-1995), then Humalog for a number of years both in MDI
and pumping (1997-2003), and have recently switched to Novorapid in my pump
with quite dramatic positive results. (The missing two years were MDI using
Actrapid and not seeing an endocrinologist).

Personally, I think if you're willing to work at it, you can make virtually
any insulin system work - at least to the best it will (I have had numerous
inexplicable disasters in the past).

Interestingly, I was told by my most recent endocrinologist in October that
as far as he is concerned, Novorapid is the only insulin recommended and
approved for CSII. I have found it very good, but have been fortunate to
really direct where my diabetic management goes rather than having to rely
on the "experts" (ie. the insulin change was at my instigation, not his).

Possibly food for thought...