[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #557

Hi Jackie

I paid #120 to the private consultant (infact saw him twice) and then paid
the nurse I think #280 while I was educated by the Minimed nurse (had to
have the private nurse present - why?)  dietition would be extra.  Found the
consultant via the web (looking at their specialities) and then phoned to
check that he was really interested in the pump.

Now seen by the NHS.

I'm lucky that we can afford!

Heather

>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:10:48 -0000
>From: "Jackie Jacombs" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: RE: PROPOSAL FOR GP'S TO TAKE OVER DIABETES CARE WAS [IPk] Re:  Pr
>ofile of Liz Harpum <email @ redacted>
>
>  What is the sort of cost of seeing someone privately and could they
>actually
>help with pumping issues? A
>  lot of Sasha's diabetes care has been a do-it-yourself effort. No
>infomation
>about carb counting given
>  and if you wanted to move to MDI you had to be very very presistant and
>or it
>by stealth. Though of
>course the clinic does have to issue the prescriptions or tell the GP.
>

>Jackie
>Mum of Sasha age 9
>Also Coeliac

Hi Pat