Re: [IPk] Second hand pump - what to do??

Hi Louise,

Your situation sounds very similar to mine....I was on MDI and achieving
pretty good control, but I wanted to try to become pregnant.  I tried
different MDI regimes (but not of course Lantus because of the pregnancy
issue), and even though my HbA1c was just above six, I was having a lot of
highs in the morning.  After trying DAFNE, and different adjustments to
insulatard, things still weren't right so I talked to my consultant about a
pump.  She told me that the hospital wouldn't agree to funding me outright,
but would let me "borrow" a pump during pregnancy, at the conclusion of
which, I would probably go onto Lantus.

After being on a pump now since mid-June, it has been wonderful and whilst
my control isn't perfect, it is certainly heaps better.  And BTW, tomorrow I
am having my 12-week scan....

Maybe you could try this tack with your team...

Good luck,