Re: [IPk] Bubbles?

Hi Helen,

Insulin is funny: it can make its own bubbles, though we do see them more
when it goes from cold to room temp, as has been noted in the past couple of
days. People who use pre-filled cartridges in their pumps get bubbles too.

As for technique, it does take some practice to get good at getting rid of
the 'champagne' bubbles that gather at the top of the reservoir syringe even
while you've still got the reservoir needle in the insulin vial--it's
possible that you're getting rid of the big boy bubbles but the champagne
ones are eluding you and then coalescing into a big boy that makes its way
into your tubing within several hours or a day.

Is there someone else who's been on a pump for a while who lives
geographically near you? It might be worthwhile having a reservoir-flicking
'tutorial'. Also, if you wear reading glasses, is your prescription
up-to-date? (I know that sounds like an arsey question, but as Di and others
have pointed out before, it's really hard to do anything about bubbles if
you just can't see them!)

Good luck,

Melissa
(details as before....)