Re: [IPk] Sets and splitting doses

>I was taught from the start to bring the insulin down to room temperature to
>help prevent bubbles forming in the tubing....and I have never had problems
>with the first bolus.
>Does anybody else do this?

Yes - I do that. No one ever "taught me" as such, but as a cold liquid will
hold much more air in solution than a warm liquid, it certainly makes
sense. When the insulin warms up to room or body temperature, the air
dissolved in it may get released and make bubbles throughout the system. So
my current or next bottle always sits out of the fridge. There was some
discussion about Humalog potentially going off in very hot weather - like
we had last summer. Never noticed it myself - but perhaps I'm not observant
enough! Guess in very hot weather you need to find somewhere cool, that's
warmer than the fridge...

mailto:email @ redacted