Re: : Re: [IPk] Sets and splitting doses

On 15 Nov 2003 at 8:11, email @ redacted wrote:

> Hi
> I get discomfort/stinging after set changes and on first bolus, too. Didn't
> know I was to expect this so it was a bit of a surprise! Sometimes seems to
> hurt more than others, but insulin not always cool.
> Helen
> two weeks pumping!
> type 1 29 yrs

Thanks Helen & Pat,
 If it's normal for some people to have a little discomfort on first bolus with
new set we can stop worrying about it. Emily still prefers the pump to MDI
by far. I don't think it's because the insulin is too cold as it happens when
we just change the set and use the same insulin and line.