Re: [IPk] Sets and splitting doses

On 15 Nov 2003 at 21:45, Ingrid Morrow wrote:

> I was taught from the start to bring the insulin down to room temperature
> to help prevent bubbles forming in the tubing....and I have never had
> problems with the first bolus.
> Does anybody else do this?

Hi Ingrid,

We were also taught this though we have forgotten once
(pumping for nearly 3 weeks!). Emily has only had problems
with pain with the first bolus with the Rapid sets (metal
cannula). She was fine with the Tenders (teflon cannula) so
maybe the cannula material makes a difference?

best wishes,
Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.