Re: [IPk] Sets and funding not in place!

Hi Helen,

I haven't been in this position.  I would ask your DSN what you should

Have faith: the NHS has agreed to fund the trial, so they will give you
the sets.  If the trial works (and your comment about not going back to
mdi suggests that it works), then you get pump and consumables.

The worst that will happen at this point is that you will go back onto
mdi for a few weeks, and then a box of sets will arrive from minimed,
and you will start your trial period again.  The hospital most certainly
will not wish this to happen (if your trial is unsuccessful it will mean
they have lost the use of one of their precious pumps for a number of
weeks when some other desperate diabetic could have been using it).

If the DSN can't give you any advice, ask to be passed to your

Best wishes,

>Still not recd any sets from Medtronic for the pump (minmed 507C). Using
 >Quicksets. Found out from then DSN yesterday that the papers have not yet been
 >signed by the PCT for funding for the consumables, just for the pumps! I had a
 >letter in the summer stating the pump had been funded and the consultant never
 > said the sets etc weren't. Had a few sent by post from Minimed nurse, then
>more (who has been excellent), but none yet from the company...I need them by
>Monday at the latest! (Seeming to have to change sets every 36 hrs or so as
>they seem to occlude after this time so using more than was given initially).
 >Was supposed to receive them yesterday at the latest, but they've not arrived.
>DSN worried that if she couldn't chase up cons to secure funding then these
>may not be funded by the time the trial is over (two weeks to go). I cannot
>afford to fund myself and certainly don't want to go back to MDI now.
>Anyone been in the same position?
>contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)