Re: [IPk] Sets and splitting doses

Hi Jos,

I occasionally get a little discomfort with the first bolus, too.  I
like to give a large bolus soon after a set change, so that I can see if
things are going wrong.

I wonder if the pain comes from the insulin being too cool?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, wimp)

In message <email @ redacted>, J
<email @ redacted> writes
>On 9 Nov 2003 at 13:44, Pat Reynolds wrote:
>> Someone (Babara?) suggested recently that when manually inserting sets, if
>> you can't just slide in the needle (I.e the flesh is just pushed away from
>> the needle, rather than the needle sliding in), then she suggested doing
>> it as a two-part manoeuvre: First puncture the skin by twisting the needle
>> around a little bit on the surface, then Push the needle slowly in. I've
>> not had an opportunity to try this yet.
>Thanks Pat, I did suggest this to Emily but she didn't like
>the sound of twisting the needle <g>. She is inserting the
>Rapid sets without problems but the first insulin dose
>after a set change seems to hurt. Emily has also had some
>problems with sets at night. Two have become detached in
>just two weeks, a Tender and a Rapid.

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)