RE: [IPk] Oh no! Steroid injections!

>>Is there anyone on this list who has occasional steroid
injections and manages to
keep good BG control?<<

I have rheumatoid arthritis which occasionally requires
treatment.  I have had 4 steroid injections (the last being
into my knee last January) and a course of steroid tablets
(for the month of October this year).  I have a special basal
programme in my pump for steroids which is basically about
30% higher than my usual programme.  This tends to work fine
and blood sugars stay fairly normal.  The length of time I
need to use it for varies but typically 4 or 5 days with the
injections and about 8 weeks with a 28 day course of tablets.
I am sure it varies from person to person and with the
strength of steroids used (mine have all been fairly low dose

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader
ph 0118 929 2422