RE: [IPk] Oh no! Steroid injections!

Lesley

>>Is there anyone on this list who has occasional steroid
injections and manages to
keep good BG control?<<

I have rheumatoid arthritis which occasionally requires
treatment.  I have had 4 steroid injections (the last being
into my knee last January) and a course of steroid tablets
(for the month of October this year).  I have a special basal
programme in my pump for steroids which is basically about
30% higher than my usual programme.  This tends to work fine
and blood sugars stay fairly normal.  The length of time I
need to use it for varies but typically 4 or 5 days with the
injections and about 8 weeks with a 28 day course of tablets.
I am sure it varies from person to person and with the
strength of steroids used (mine have all been fairly low dose
steroids).

Regards

Beverley

Beverley Smith