Re: [IPk] Food and diet

Thanks Lesley and Mary

It does all make sense at the moment on MDI I avoid chip shop food as I know
Ryan will go quite high about 2-2.5 hours later due the high fat content, and
we avoid McD's etc especially on a busy day as I know he will go low - no
fibre ( or anything else for that matter!) I just wondered whether it was a
 complete diet change on the pump, but it sounds like a little more adaptation
 planning. We also have certain meals when I know he will be playing football or

I'm hoping to get his pump before Christmas, as Ryan was dxd before he had
had his first xmas, Easter or birthday ( he wasn't dxd at his 1st xmas but was
very ill, and we found out in January) I can't wait to let him eat a little
more 'freely' this xmas, we have always had to plan the day around him and his
food! And I used to feel awkward when we went to a friends and they would rush
round hiding the choccies. And I used to dread parties.Sounds daft doesn't it!

Bye for now

Denise mum to Ryan age 7 dxd '@ 9 mnths old