Re: [IPk] Sets and splitting doses

On 10 Nov 2003 at 14:16, email @ redacted wrote:

> It was me (like Pat said) that suggested twisting the needle until it
> pierces the skin.  Now it sounds awful, but Danielle doesn't know I do
> this.  When it is going in her tummy she does it herself and I suggested
> that she give it a little twist.

Hi Barbara,

Emily does all of her set changes and I don't think it's
likely she will go back to Tenders. She was getting quite
stressed and tearful before the last two changes with them
and finds the Rapids much easier to use. Despite that and
the discomfort with the first dose through the Rapids Emily
loves her pump and never wants to go back to injections.
Once we are through the trial period I may ask our clinic
about trying Quicksets.

thanks & best wishes,
Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.