Re: [IPk] clinic appointment sigh

email @ redacted writes:

> had to postpone my clinic appointment today because I have students
> sitting an exam the week of my appointment - I can't take time off. The
> earliest date they could give me after 3 December was 19 May 2004! I don't
> find clinic appointments any use because I have fairly good control and no
> complications, but a year and a half is a bit long even for me.

Hi Elizabeth

When I have had an appointment that is so far away, I ask the Receptionist if
it is worth ringing up periodically to see if there is a cancellation and
 they always agree. So, what you should do is leave it a month or so and ring to
see if they have had any cancellations that you could take.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002
D myself for 30 years (Lantus regime)