Re: [IPk] Sets and splitting doses

On 9 Nov 2003 at 13:44, Pat Reynolds wrote:

> Someone (Babara?) suggested recently that when manually inserting sets, if
> you can't just slide in the needle (I.e the flesh is just pushed away from
> the needle, rather than the needle sliding in), then she suggested doing
> it as a two-part manoeuvre: First puncture the skin by twisting the needle
> around a little bit on the surface, then Push the needle slowly in. I've
> not had an opportunity to try this yet.

Thanks Pat, I did suggest this to Emily but she didn't like
the sound of twisting the needle <g>. She is inserting the
Rapid sets without problems but the first insulin dose
after a set change seems to hurt. Emily has also had some
problems with sets at night. Two have become detached in
just two weeks, a Tender and a Rapid.

Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.