Re: [IPk] Insulin for Pasta

Hi Jackie
Pasta is one of the things I have most difficulty with too.
On a pump, I tend to bolus half the insulin at the time I eat the pasta, and
the rest over a period of 2-3 hours. Depending on the amount of pasta and on
whether I have protein/fat with it or not.
On your regime you could try giving less Novorapid with the meal and then an
extra couple of units at bedtime. Or increasing the longacting overnight.

Alternatively, change the proportions of carb in the meal and give her a small
amount of pasta and more meat/veg etc. If I have a lot of pasta I have
problems, but with a small amount I am usually fine.