[IPk] Insulin for Pasta

 Last night Sasha had spaghetti bolognaise, the carb count of the pasta was
about 56 carbs and the sauce
 did not contain much carb. I gave 3.5 units of Novorapid with the meal. I
checked Sasha's BG at 7.30pm
 and she was 3.8 before supper snack. She had a small piece of cake and milk as
normal. I didn't correct
the low as she had been just about to eat.
 When I checked her blood sugar level at 11.20 her BG was a staggering 25.5
mmols!!! We often have this
 problem with pasta meals. How else should I dose for this?? and for those who
are using pumps what do
 you do? do you use the square wave bolus feature? Do you wait for the BG level
to go up or do you
 calculate when the rise would be and give extra insulin before the blood sugar
goes that high or after??
 Any ideas welcome. We had to do several correction doses overnight to bring the
levels down by morning.
She was still 8.7 in at 7.30am.

Sasha aged 9 (also Coeliac)
Insulatard x2