[IPk] Jumping through hoops to get on a pump

Hi everyone

 I'd just like to blow a trumpet for Havering Hospitals (Romford, Essex) -
especially if any of the new members are in this area.

 Although I had been on MDI for over 20 years, and I started pumping before
Lantus was available, I didn't have to jump through any hoops.

 The consultant asked me to see the DSN because lipohypertrophy was causing bad
control, despite my best efforts to avoid lipo. I wasn't carb counting, and I
was doing disgracefully few BG tests (sometimes less than once a day). The DSN
(not pump trained at the time) suggested I consider a pump, and the rest was
simple. DSN, consultant and GP were all obliging and co-operative. GP even
wanted to HELP me get funding from the PCT!

 Hope this is encouraging, and please don't get depressed if your experience is
the opposite...

Best wishes

IDDM 35 years, pumping 13 months