Re: [IPk] Thanks and lots more questions from a Newbie!

Hi Gail,

That's appalling.  Is your GP supportive?

On the children topic: one of my best friends is Type 1, and his son was
diagnosed earlier this year.  The little boy had a day or so of finding
out how painful blood tests are and feeling awful, but since then has
been happy with it.  Perhaps this is because he has grown up around
diabetics.  It almost appears to be something 'normal' that happens as
people grow up (like wearing glasses, or having grey hair).

His father is very much of the 'I wouldn't want something attached to me
all the time' school, and uses mdi.  The little boy decided that the
different means we use are gender-based: mummy diabetics wear pumps,
daddy diabetics have pens.  He's a boy, so he has a pen!

For the parents, I guess it was both better and worse than the ignorance
most parents have.  No worries about what to do if he was hypo, or how
to use the blood glucose metre, but longer term worries.

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)