Re: [IPk] lots of questions from a newbie!

Hi Louise,

I am in exactly the same situation as you, however I have had Diabetes for
11 years now. I went through a bad patch with bullying at work a few years
ago and had a nervious breakdown. The bullying was all to do with my
Diabetes, my GP put me on ani-depressants.

I was getting no where with my Diabetes nurse and saw a different Doctor
every visit. However about four months ago a new nurse started and she is
like an Angel. She said you have to try lots of different procedures before
you will get the funding from NICE.

I had a monitor on for a week and they could see my roller coaster ride of
hypos etc. I broke down at every visit and finally got to see the head
honcho who is trying was he says is the last test.

This is to take my humalog after my meals and inject into my tummy. Well it
hasn't made the blind bit of difference, if anything I am higher that ever,
feet hurt, blur vision etc....

This new nurse will be ringing me this week to find out how I am and if she
is not happy she will get another appoinment for me with the head honcho.

Than maybe who knows I might get funding....

So the moto of the story is, cry and say you are really depressed.

Regards Lou